If you use the web version you can simply follow the instructions HERE for adding your google contacts to your phone.
You do NOT need to install our app onto your phone in order to gain access to these contacts.
You can also follow these instructions:
- Open the Settings app on your device.
- Select Mail, Contacts, Calendars.
- Select Add Account.
- Select Google.
- Fill out your account information in the following fields:
- Name: Enter your name
- User Name: Enter your full Google Account or Google Apps email address.
- Password: Your Google Account or Google Apps password. (If you’ve enabled 2 Step verification, you’ll need to generate and enter an application specific password.)
- Description: Enter a description of the account (e.g. Personal Contacts).
- Select Next at the top of your screen.
- Make sure that the "Contacts" option is turned ON. The switch should be green.
- Select Save at the top of your screen.
After you've completed setup, open the Contacts app on your device, and syncing will automatically begin.