In the meantime please setup an account on the web. You can follow the below instructions to then have your google contacts sync to your phone:
Set up Google Sync with your Windows Phone
Before setting up Google Sync on your Windows Phone or Windows Mobile device, back up your Contacts and Calendars from your phone on your computer before proceeding.1. Open the Microsoft Exchange ActiveSync application on your device's home screen.
2. Press Set up your device to sync with it.
3. Enter m.google.com as the server address.
4. Ensure that the SSL option is selected.
Sign in to your Google account5. Press Next.
6. Enter your full Google Account email address in the User name field.
7. Enter your Google Account password in the Password field. If you're a 2-step verification user, please use anapplication-specific password instead.
8. Leave the Domain field empty. If your device requires you to enter a domain name, enter google.
9. Press Next.
10. Check Contacts, Calendar, or Email, depending on which you'd like to sync. (Tasks is not supported and will lead to an error if checked.)
11. Press Finish.
12. Press the Sync softkey on the left to synchronize.
You've now set up Google Sync for your Windows Mobile device.
Tip: If your business, school, or organization uses Google Apps, your administrator will first need to enable Exchange ActiveSync before you can take advantage of this feature.