To remove duplicate contacts you'll need to run the analysis on your app.
- Tap on Analyze or Re-Analyze and the app will display results.
- From results, you can see the counts of
i) Total Contacts.
ii) Contacts After you Clean.
iii) Full Duplicates.
iv) Partial Duplicates.
- Tap on Review Duplicates, to see the actual duplicate contacts.
-On the next screen, you will be able to see Duplicate contacts basis upon the Analysis level you have set within the App settings.
- On the same screen, if you tap on Filter, you can also use a particular, or we can say a precise filter, which will allow you to show selected filters related to duplicate contacts only.
(For example: Here we have selected a filter Partial Duplicates on Phone, so now among all the duplicates we have found we will be able to see only Partial Duplicates on Phone filter related contacts. We cannot select multiple filters.)
- Tap on 'Merge' at the right-hand side top corner in order to complete the process and the outcome will be your address book with no duplicate contacts.
Important Note: Before you analyze, make sure within Cleanup Dupes app settings (gear icon at the right-hand side top corner) Backup Before Cleaning option is set to ON or create a manual backup of your original contacts.
There are five different options to merge duplicate contacts. Before you hit 'Analyze' from the app home screen to remove duplicates, select the criteria that best suits your requirement. To find this, tap on Settings (gear icon at the right-hand side top corner), then tap on 'Analysis Level' and you'll find the options to search for duplicate contacts.
i) Remove 100% of Duplicates: If contacts match 100% on all fields, remove the duplicates.
ii) Merge Name + Email Matches: Merge into One contact if contacts have a matching name and a common email.
iii) Merge Name + Phone Matches: Merge into One contact if contacts have a matching name and a common Phone.
iv) Merge when no Name: Allow Merge based on Email or Phone if both first and last name is missing.
v) Merge when Partial Name: Allow Merge based on Email or Phone if either first and last name is missing.